update: so far I'm satisfied. I'm slowly putting some of my dotfiles on github. I declare xterm-256color as my term.
I'm giving another shot at iTerm:
- 256 colors, yeah
- quite fast
- less weird screen wrapping (to be confirmed)
- I guess I could fix and hack on it if I really wanted
- no way to have confirmations before closing mortal sessions (vim), and NO confirmation for resistant ones (screen)
- what's the shortcut to create a new *window* out of this bookmark/profile whatever?
- 0 or 10% transparency ? I want 5%!
- The whole window profile thing is a lot easier on Apple's Terminal